Each month we have specific tasks and responsibilities to be completed by individuals, children, or groups. Let us know your ideas as well.
If you are interested in any of these volunteer opportunities please fill out a Volunteer Interest Form so we know where you would like to serve. We will contact you with the details of scheduled service days.
Maintain the Nest
Skilled labor opportunities: repair wall in living room, and two spots on the ceiling. The tape is separating from the sheet rock and causing the paint to peel.
Other opportunities include helping with snow removal as needed through the winter.
Help with resources for our Resident’s
*Set up garage to hold baby items, diapers, wipes, clothing, shoes, etc
*Maintain resource closet inventory and rotate seasonal clothing
Volunteer at an Event/Help Plan an Event
* Volunteer for the Princess Dance Fundraiser, held in February each year.
* Volunteer for the Gala Fundraiser, held in May each year.
* Volunteer for the Sparrow Scramble Golf Fundraiser, held in August each year.
We also have volunteer opportunities that are ongoing, and are not necessarily a part of our scheduled service days. Many of these tasks can be done from home, with your family or a group of friends.
Tell People About The Sparrow’s Nest
* Write and create social media content for Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter
* Develop a marketing plan and promotions to advertise events, services, fundraisers, etc.
* Write articles for the newsletter and blog
Support The Sparrow’s Nest through time, talent and prayer
* Write thank you notes
* Join the Prayer Ministry
*Help us keep the office clean each week
* Make baked good items to share with donors, supporters, or at events
* Visit donors and supporters to express our gratitude
*Administrative tasks during weekdays
Specifically for Kids:
* Write letters of support to local businesses and legislature
* Make thank you cards
* Hold your own fundraiser such as a car wash, lemonade stand, penny drive, etc.
* Write or draw guest blogs
* Watch younger children at Sparrow Staff meetings
Specifically for Developmentally Delayed Adults:
*create items for The Little Things Project such as baby hats, diaper bags, scarves, baby booties
* Assist in mailings
* Submit art for Guest blogs
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Maintain the Nest for groups
*Assist in landscaping
* Participate in Spring Deep Cleaning
Volunteer at an Event for groups
* Support restaurant fundraisers
* Host Volunteer Appreciation Events
* Volunteer together at the RUSH 5K handing out water, handing out race packets, etc.
Support The Sparrow’s Nest for groups
* Assist in mailings
* Create and write thank you notes
* Help decorate for events
* Provide baked items
*Weekly cleaning crew
* Hold Party With A Purpose fundraiser
If you are interested in any of these volunteer opportunities please fill out a Volunteer Interest Form and mention the opportunities of interest.